A message store is a store for JMS messages in a JDBC database. It gives better scalability and query capabilities than holding messages in XML files.
The default JDBC URL is jdbc:derby:MessageStores;create=true. This will create the MessageStores directory using Derby in your .hermes directory. You can override this to be any JDBC URL with the property hermes.messageStore.url
When a database is used for the first time, Hermes will automatically create the tables it needs to store the messages.
View the message store and replay tutoirals. Currently you can:
- Edit Messages in a message store
- Drop messages into a store from a queue or topic.
- Drag messages from a store onto a queue or topic.
- Record messages into a store from a queue or topic. For a queue this means taking a snapshot of the queue with a QueueBrowser, for a topic Hermes just keeps reading messages from the topic and storing them until you stop it.
- Browse all the messages in the store or browse by originating topic or queue
- Delete individual messages, all messages from a queue/topic or an entire message store
- Replay messages from a message store.